So kind of to support the idea of Facebook is a place for narcissism there is something similar to a chain letter going around that if you are “tagged” then you write 25 things about yourself and “tag” some of your friends. I figure I would post the list here so that it didn’t get buried somewhere and I forget about it.
1. When I have time, I really love to cook. I learned how to cook out of necessity. I guess this is related to being in the middle of 10 kids (5 older, 4 younger).
2. When traveling I can just tell everyone I am two meters tall, and yes I get asked a lot.
3. I don't think I would be good at crime. I stick out in crowds and everyone seems to remember my name. Maybe I would be better for politics, so scratch that, crime it is.
4. Growing up, I was the invisible kid in the room, only noticed when I said something in the conversation. I was then quickly ushered out because they didn't like getting questioned by a smart-alec kid.
5. My personal ethos: Enjoy life as much as possible without making it harder for others to enjoy theirs.
6. One of the most enjoyable things I have found is to travel around and get different views on life from different cultures.
7. I have been to 30 countries. (Leaving 165, give or take, to go.)
8. I have been three continents so far, my goal is all seven. (The number of continents is one of the things that changes depending on where the person is from that you ask.)
9. I have "run" two Marathons. The first was in Los Angeles, as a life goal. The second was to see NYC. I have now decided there are easier ways to see a city.
10. No matter how hard I try, people's names do not stick in my brain. Random useless minutiae, sure; but two minutes after being introduced to someone, their name draws a blank. My wife finds it amusing to watch the strategies I use to get around this.
11. My spelling is as bad as remembering names but at least I have spell check.
12. After a good nights sleep I will always wake up with a song in my head. I might not have heard it in years, but I can't get it out of my head until I listen to it, then it is gone. As a side note finding songs on the Internet is a god-send.
13. Although my musical tastes span almost every single genre, I can not play an instrument or read music. (both are resolutions for this year.)
14. For all the art training I received it is probably my most squandered talent. (I currently use it for mock-ups at work, and I used photography as my outlet during school since I didn't have enough time to draw.)
15. I took college art class at the age of ten. The teacher said I needed a signed note when it came time to draw nudes. I didn't even ask because I already knew the answer. I still got a B+ for the class.
16. I also took a college ceramic class in fifth grade. One of the other students guessed my age at 23.
17. I have only done the carnival "guess your age" thing once. The professional barker guessed 10 years to old. The prize was a hollow victory and I've never felt the need to do it again.
18. My thesis for school involved using electrical pulses on the tongue to stimulate the visual cortex area of the brain. It took longer to get FDA clearance for user testing than it did to write the whole thesis.
19. So far I have taken classes at 6 colleges and universities, and I am currently looking for more education.
20. Flying a plane is more fun than any roller coaster and the best stress buster. The only thing keeping me from finishing getting my license is the need to pay off enough of my school debt before starting up again.
21. I consider myself very political. But I think that political parties' ability to polarize people is one of the main sources of government corruption. This leads my political beliefs to be very issue dependent.
22. Although my job involves helping poor people in other countries and people with disabilities I do not consider myself an advocate for either group.
23. Working with computers I know I am on a watch list for the CIA, FBI, and DOD since I have been offered jobs by all three. (Not what you were expecting was it.)
24. One program I wrote accidentally crashed Microsoft's FTP server and another accidentally erased my work's whole development server. Why do they give so much power to the new guy? And hooray for backups.
25. I have a picture of my wife and I in it, 4 years before we met. It is from my Friend's Mother's wedding. (I married one of my best friends cousins, making him my step-cousin-in-law.)