- Peanut butter cookies: this is funny since I never had a craving for them or even really liked them when living in the US.
- Avocado pizza: I've always made this on English muffins but I made it with this time with hand thrown dough. I think I was craving the dough more than anything.
- Enchiladas: This I actually made before but I couldn't resist since my friend brought back tortillas from their US visit.
- Fish tacos: It's weird I've never made this before as restaurants make it with the shredded cabbage and such. But I had this craving since I had the corn tortillas from my friend I felt I needed to savor.
- Horchata: made for the Mexican party.
- Hand-made tortillas: made for the Mexican party.
- Chicken noodle soup: craving the home-made thick noodles.
- Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies: My sister sent me Oreos and I didn't know what to do with them.
- Gingerbread men: Christmas craving.
- Cheddar biscuits: Famous from the restaurant Red Lobster. I had this craving for Christmas too.
- Cornbread: I bought corn meal for the first Thanksgiving I was here but didn't get around to making it until my second Thanksgiving.
- Pumpkin pie: Thanksgiving craving with a home-made crust too.
- Persimmon pudding: I've made this before but I couldn't resist making this since I had access to persimmons.
- Biscuits and Gravy: Every time hearing about British biscuits I got the craving for American biscuits.
- Macaroni and Cheese: I thought this was not an American food so I found it funny when I could only find this at the American grocery store. I didn't feel like paying £4 for what would cost less than a dollar in the US.
Saturday, March 24, 2012
Cooking What I Crave
There was a lot of stuff I was craving that I could not get in London. Every time I ran into this situation I am so glad that I was not scared of cooking things myself. Everything on this list is funnily something that I have never made before. So the list goes:
Posted by -M.